Friday, February 11, 2011

When Kids Grow Up

It’s hard for me to believe that my children are growing up. Where did the time go? It seems like yesterday when I was holding them in my arms. Now, they are out growing me by leaps and bounds.

However with growth comes more responsibility. As parents, we can’t cripple our children out of doing hard work or chores. It clearly won’t benefit them in the long run. So let’s make a pact and require our children to do their chores and commitments with honor and excellence and without negative feedback. Let them know that a positive response to work and a strong work ethic pays off. Invest in this concept on their behalf.

So the next time you ask your children to strive for an A, focus on teamwork, practice harder, load or unload the dishwasher, take out the trash, or wash and fold clothes, with our diligence in guiding their response and work ethic, it is our hope that we will one day hear, “I’ll be happy to” or something close to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment