Monday, February 28, 2011

Students Celebrating History

Today, I witnessed my son's elementary school class deliver biographies and life stories on amazing people that have crafted and captivated history. Presentations on Frederick Douglass, Amelia Earhart, Rosa Parks, Princess Diana, Pablo Picasso, Walt Disney, Jesus, Helen Keller, and many others were well researched and delivered.

What I liked most about these presentations were how each student embraced the authenticity of "their" individual by dressing up in character. They were absolutely beautiful. Secondly, I learned new facts about each person which means these boys and girls demonstrated to me that there is always something new to learn about a person. Finally, I was pleased in their earnest accounts of brilliance and their ability to teach me and others without hesitation or fear.

It's good to see kids when they are comfortable to speak and share knowledge. For this experience, I am personally grateful. Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment