Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Keep Your Eyes on the Ball

Football season is upon us, and my oldest son has decided to play again. Now I am not a big football fan. As a mom, I don't want my son to play this sport. As a spectator, I do not understand why players must run and hit each other for the sake of a ball. My "mom alarm" alerts and expresses my uneasiness for this sport.

In football's defense, there are some valuable lessons being taught such as teamwork, motivation, resilience, and sportsmanship. I must admit this, right? Plus, there are additional lessons too. One of my favorites is when a coach tells a player to never take his eyes off the ball. Not only is this a football lesson, this is a life lesson. Meaning if there is a goal, a mission, or a dream, one must strive to reach it. It can be hard, and it definitely can be challenging. But hopefully, the overall outcome will be rewarding...like football.

To my son, always keep your eyes on the ball. But more importantly, use these football directives and lessons for your life's journey. I firmly believe that it will prepare you to meet your goals. Mom loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment