Monday, February 4, 2013

A Success Story: From Limited Speaking to Singing

As an author, I was invited to participate in a literary festival in Wadesboro, North Carolina over the weekend. While there, I literally cried when a preschool teacher from Morven Elementary School relayed to me that she had a student who had difficulty speaking. After months of teaching this little girl along with reading and playing my musical story, Ocean Waves, this student, Ashley, sang the story from beginning to end.

I'm so moved by this success story, and I'm honored to do what I do. It's rare when I get to experience the physical impact of how my books/stories transform a child's life. I will definitely treasure this moment for a long time.

Hurray for Ashley on her accomplishment! I am completely overjoyed and proud.




No comments:

Post a Comment