Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Read Across American Day!

Read Across America Day is celebrated on March 2nd. It's designed to recognize the birth of Dr. Seuss and his phenomenal books. Some of my favorite books include There's A Wocket in my Pocket, My Many Colored Days, and Oh the Places You'll Go. To this day, I see the colors, hear the rhymes, and feel the experiences.

Dr. Seuss is one of my favorite authors because he knew how to excite children to read. He had an absolute solution and formula to mesmerize kids with words, and it worked. As an adult, I'm still mesmerized and highly influenced in his writings for my multicultural children's stories and music!

So in Dr. Seuss style, let's give early readers what they want, desire, and need...rhymes, unforgettable expressions, illustrations, and a little insanity to make it all fun. Thanks, Dr. Seuss, for providing an incredible legacy of books and storytelling. As you can tell, I'm still a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment